Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Google's "Build Apps with Flutter" badge

Completed Google's "Build Apps with Flutter" pathway and obtained the badge as can be seen on my google developer profile.  DartPad is quite a bit different than the Visual Studio Code with flutter package that I'm used to, but it does work.  There's a bug in the badge pathway where two out of the three codelabs are 404 errors.  Its Google, so there's no way to provide feedback or file a bug.  I passed the quiz at the end anyway having read the "Flutter In Action" book.

https://developers.google.com/profile/badges/playlists/intro-to-flutter

I've been writing Android Native apps for a couple years, kinda tired of null pointers.  Got very interested in cross platform Flutter and started reading Eric Windmill's book "Flutter in Action".  Made a project outline in Asana to teach myself Flutter.  I'm impressed at how flutter does not need a javascript bridge between the code and platform.  I've played with electron in the past and flutter is smaller and faster.  Also I like Dart a bit more than I like node.js... at least so far...  I like the stack traces from Flutter and I like building my UI in flutter widgets rather than native classes.  Fast recompiles are nice.

https://flutter.dev/docs

Eventually, I would like to convert Supplement Tracker (an app owned by the LLC) to Flutter.  It started out as a Java app, then Kotlin, maybe now flutter. 

As per above continued taking notes on "Flutter in Action" chapter 2 "Brief Intro to Dart".  Which is brief in the sense of being fifty pages instead of an entire five hundred page book.

https://www.manning.com/books/flutter-in-action

Added "full set" of CompTIA certificates I had earned in the past, to linkedin. A+ Net+ Sec+.

I set up this blogger blog.